Perform right on the sand of the world’s most iconic beach – South Beach! Miami Beach Pop is offering three talented performers the chance to join us on the main stage at the festival in 2019!
to earn a slot and be a part of one of the most diverse musical lineups ever created, along with Chance The Rapper, Jack Johnson, Daddy Yankee, Kygo, The Raconteurs, Juanes, Nile Rodgers and Chic, Maggie Rogers, The Roots, T-Pain, Leon Bridges, Sean Paul, an All-Star Celebration of Bob Marley feat. Stephen Marley, and many many more! Perform to an expected audience of over 30,000 festival attendees at Miami Beach Pop on November 8-10. See you on the sand!
Terms & Conditions
MIAMI BEACH POP-OFF!
Rules and Regulations
Eligibility Guidelines In order to be eligible to compete in the contest and win one of the two (2) available slots, each Band Member must be in full compliance with these official rules at all times, from the date each band submits its entry form and becomes an entrant in this contest through the conclusion of the competition, including:
- All Artists must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enter. 2. All Artists must perform and compete on behalf of only one band. 3. All Artists must be a regularly performing member of the band prior to contest, Artist’s must remain the same; no substitutes or additions are allowed during the contest. 4. Each band must provide one (1) dedicated point of contact throughout contest period to Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC 5. Music genre will be open format. Submittals will be reviewed for appropriate genre. 6. Bands are required to provide all marketing and promotional materials for their group, including at a minimum a high resolution band photo and biography. 7. No Artist can be an employee, agent, officer, of Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC or it’s affiliates. 8. All Artist’s names and details must be listed on the entry form at the time of registration, anyone not listed will not be eligible. 9. In the unfortunate event any member of a band is not eligible or is disqualified, then the entire band is subject to disqualification. 10. Bands are encouraged to promote the event amongst their fans as crowd reaction and applause is a factor in judging. 11. No Purchase is necessary to enter the sweepstakes.
- Submissions open: August 27, 2019
- Submissions close: September 12, 2019
- One (1) ReverbNation artist or band will be selected to perform at the festival (Slot 1) by: September 15, 2019
- Two hundred-fifty (250) ReverbNation artists or bands will be selected for fan voting by: September 15, 2019
- Online fan voting start date: September 17, 2019
- Online fan voting close date: October 6, 2019
- Fan voting competition winner (Slot 2) announced by: October 8, 2019
- Top 8 Florida Based artists or bands from the fan voting competition will be selected by: October 8, 2019
- Tentative date for Battle of the Bands show is between Monday October 14, 2019 to October 24, 2019.
- Battle of the Bands winner (Slot 3) will be announced after the final show.
How to Enter (Round 1):
- Each band will select one (1) representative who shall have full authority to act on behalf of the band. 2. This representative will be the sole contact person for the band related to this contest. 3. All Artists and Representatives should carefully review this document, which serves as the Official Rules of the contest. 4. All registration materials, band photo and biography must be completed and submitted prior to the entry deadline and becomes the property of Miami Beach Pop LLC’s property, Miami Beach Pop, LLC is able to use the name, likeness and image of the submissions in any promotional or marketing material in perpetuity with no obligation to inform the Artist or Representative. 5. The final entry deadline is September 12th at 12PM Eastern Time.
The registration material can be submitted through ReverbNation. 6. Only fully completed entries will be accepted. 7. Registration materials from bands will be reviewed and the bands selected to compete in Round 1 (voting) will be notified before the start date of the Online Fan Voting (before September 15th, 2019).
- All songs performed by the Artist during the contest, attributed to the artists in any media, or used while the band is participating in the contest (original and/or cover songs) are referred to herein collectively as the “Creative Materials.” 2. Creative Materials as defined by these official rules will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased. Any breach of intellectual property hold Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC harmless. 3. Creative Materials may not contain “sampling” from other songs, music, sound effects, or any other elements in which the Artists do not have the necessary rights to, title and interest, including copyright. Creative Materials and band names must be kept in line with Miami Beach Pop LLC’s positive image. Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC. has absolute discretion, without limitation, to determine if Creative Materials or Artists names contain offensive or defamatory items. 4. If any such material is present, the Artist will be disqualified. 5. Any breach of intellectual property hold Miami Beach Pop, LLC harmless.
Round 2 – Online Voting:
- Submissions will accepted through ReverbNation and are open to all music producers, artists, musicians, & composers. 2. Round 2 will be an online voting via Gleam.io 3. The Artist with the most verified eligible votes will automatically earn a slot to perform at the festival. 4. There will be a set limit of ONE (1) vote per voter. 5. Votes may only be cast by non band members, including artist managers, agents. Only non-affiliate members of the public will be eligible for voting. 6. Votes cannot be purchased. 7. Any votes cast outside of the United States will not be counted. 8. Vote must be cast by a verified human, non computer, non spam, non-account created for the purpose of this contest. 9. Suspicious votes may be disqualified at the Discretion of Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC 10. Artists are encouraged to promote their contest entry on all social media accounts, in person, and anywhere they may have fan influence. 11. The top 8 Florida based artists, (not including the winner of Round 1 or 2) with the most eligible verified votes will be invited to perform in Round 3 (Battle of the Bands).
- Note: For a non-Florida based band to be eligible to earn a performing slot at the Miami
Beach Pop Festival on any day from November 8-10, 2019, the non-Florida based band must receive the highest overall votes in Round 1
Round 2 – Format of Live performance Battle of the Bands:
- The live performances will take place in Miami, Florida. Details including dates, and times will be released in the coming weeks. 2. The live performance will take place in the Stage Area provided at each venue. Band / Artists must come fully prepared including Drums, Bass amp, proper cables, adaptors, and all necessary equipment to perform. 3. DJ’s must provide their own DJ Equipment. 4. The winner of the battle will be determined by the most votes from the attendees.
- Voting will close 5 minutes after the final act has performed. b. Winner of each performance will be announced when the final tally is calculated each night. 5. Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC encourages the artist to bring their fans to be members of the audience. 6. Non Florida based bands will not be permitted to participate in Round 3. For a non-Florida based band to win a slot at the festival, they must win Round 1 or 2.
- Band members must abide by each venue rules and regulations. 8. Band, it’s members, it’s agents, managers, affiliates and associates mutually indemnify Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC, ReverbNation, each individual venue, as well as their staff, associates, owners or affiliates from any harm, damage, bodily injury, arising from the performance, load in, load out, or promotions prior to. 9. Bands may play original or cover songs, with proper copyrighted permissions, but must be able to perform 3 songs with a maximum of 15 minutes’ worth of material. 10. The doors of the venue will be TBA. 11. The first band will take the stage TBA. 12. The bands will be randomly assigned a time slot. The bands representative must be present at the stage for their stage time. All entrants will be placed in drum and a time slot will be selected. 13. Time Slots will be adjusted for each venue’s time constraints: 14. The event will end after the last performance. 15. At the conclusion of the event, tabulation of the scores will commence.
Judging Process and Tabulation of Scores:
- Bands will be judged by popular vote. The band with the most votes at the end of the night will win. 2. In the event of a tie, a representative of Miami Beach Pop will cast a vote to serve as a tiebreaker. 3. A representative of the Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC has the authority to remove the band from the stage due to any item(s) deemed inappropriate or unprofessional. 4. Miami Beach Pop, LLC has the authority to place a hard stop and remove the band from the stage if they go over their allotted maximum time by five (5) or more minutes. If this action happens the band will be disqualified from the contest. Prizes and Awards:
- The Prize Structure for Round 1, 2 and 3 winners is as follows: 2. $500 3. A 30-minute slot at Miami Beach Pop Festival 2019. a. Stage and time of the performance(s) is TBD b. Artist Hospitality Backline provided. c. Backline provided. 4. Artist Credentials.
Equipment and Gear:
- The band is responsible for providing all other instruments and required amps. 2. Bands are required to submit a stage plot and input list 5 days prior to their event date. 3. No hospitality or production riders will be accepted for the winning band’s performance at the Miami Beach Pop Festival on November 8-10, 2019.
General Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the contest. 2. All participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. 3. Prizes are non-transferable and non-replaceable. 4. Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC team members are not eligible to participate. 5. Miami Beach Pop Festival, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time, for any reason, and can do so without notice to any participating band, artist or representative. 6. A list with the winner’s names, and any associated documents or electronic files (if applicable) will be retained for 30 days in order to resolve any disputes. 7. Participants cannot win more than once. If a band wins the first (1st) or second (2nd) round–fan voting contest, they cannot compete in the live performance contest to gain a 2nd slot. 8. Winners must show their valid picture identification to the MBPF Representative prior to the live performance. 9. A complete list of winners will be posted at the conclusion of event. 10. Participants must be present at the live performance in order to win. No band, band member or any person affiliated with the band shall engage in, or encourage, any solicitation for votes or favorable scores from judges by offering prizes, gifts, products, services or any other type of incentive (monetary or non-monetary). Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification of the band. 11. Artists agree that their name, photo, likeness and any information may be used for media and marketing efforts to include but not limited to; direct mail, radio, TV, social media, and miamibeachpop.com.
Official rules subject to change. As of August 26, 2019